"Thank You For The Venom" (My Chemical Romance FanFic) - Chapter 17



Ok. So, this fanfic is not mine. It's a fic I found a few years ago (like five or four years ago) in Quizilla® -I mean, back when Quizilla was quizilla.com and not .teenick.com-. It was written by user AuroraMist, who took it down, and I don't know why.
She wrote a lot of amazing fan fictions; she's a hell of a writer. But this is definitely my favourite from her, and it is for sure the best My Chemical Romance fan fiction I've ever read. And I've read quite a few. So, I thought I'd share it -again- with the World. Cuz it's awesome, and it deserves to be read.



17

The time flew by all too quickly and I was upset when Bob, Ray, Mikey and Gerard returned. It was four thirty in the morning when all four of them had come straight to Frank and Mikey's apartment, which Frank and I had migrated to sometime while they were away. We'd been watching the 'Just Shoot Me!' DVD box set and had fallen asleep with Frank flat on his back with me half on top of him on the wide couch. This was how they'd found us.

"FRANK!" Was our wake-up call. Gerard grinned when he saw us starting to awaken and continued, "FRANK, wake up! Dude, you've got a model on top of you!"


"Huh?" Was Frank's sleepy reply and he looked down at me as I lifted my cheek off his chest. I think my other hand was resting on his behind- oh well. Until he says something, it's staying there.

"Uh Carrie? Hand off my ass, thanks."

Damn him.


I blushed a deep crimson and sat up. "What's the time?"

Mikey peered at his watch. "4:38 a.m."

I threw a pillow at him. "Go away!"

Bob blinked. "What's wrong with her?" He asked Frank.

"Uh hello, we leave for tour tomorrow."

Ray cooed and picked me up briefly before placing me down again, once he was sitting in my place, on his lap. "Aw, is Carrie going to miss us?"

I sulked into the crook of Ray's arm. "Yes."

While Ray stroked me, treating me as if I was some kind of miffed animal, Gerard tutted. "And you don't think we're going to miss you too? We're going to call every single day and send PostIt! Notes with our love all the time, don't you worry."

I looked above Ray's arm at Gerard. "Really?"


"Would I lie to you- wait, don't answer that."

We laughed and Gerard bowed before continuing, "Anyway, it's not like you don't have friends besides us."


That was true, but ever since I'd met these guys, I’d not been keeping in contact with them so I'm not sure if we're still on 'come keep me company while my other friends are away'-terms.

"I'll just miss you, that's all," I said pathetically.

"When we shower you with gifts from the road, believe me, it'll all be worth it", Mikey told me.

I scrunched up my nose in that not so attractive way. "Oh, when you come back you'd better believe the first thing you'll all be doing is showering. I refuse to have five stinky men here."

"Five stinky, sexy men," Bob protested, dropping his duffel bag on the ground and sprawling himself next to it. "C'mon, you know you'd bang us, admit it."

"Oh yep Bryar, you caught me, my sexual frustration has lead me to such desperation as you five. Well, four - I don't think I'd survive fucking Frank-"

"Hey!" Frank exclaimed, pouting. "What's wrong with me?"

"Dipshit, I get bruises from just sleeping next to you, who knows what kind of harm you'd cause if you tried to penetrate me?" I responded.

Mikey pulled a face as he sat cross-legged in front of the couch Frank, Ray and I were all on. "That sentence was so not PG-13."

I looked Mikey over playfully. "I'd do you though."

"Why him?" Frank yelped, outraged.

"Frank, I like to be in control and Mikey, here, seems to fit the role of my perfect partner well."

"You'd do me?" Mikey asked, letting out a laugh that was half a giggle and half a chuckle.

Gerard scowled and declared, before I could answer, "No, she wouldn't! Carrie, you leave my baby brother alone."

I frowned and patted Mikey's knee. "I would do Mikey." Gerard shook his head. "Ray?" Another shake of Gerard's head. "Bob?"

"Nope."

"You?" I asked as a last resort.

He smirked. "Well, if you really want to do me, I don't think I'd have many objections."

"Stop talking about fucking my fiancée!" Frank shrieked. He looked almost angry? Upset?.. Jealous?

'The butterflies came flying two by two - hurrah, hurrah!' My stomach sang as I got more jittery feelings.




That evening, when Frank, Mikey and Ray started to walk out for a meeting in a club with Ray's big brother, I changed my mind about being fine with this and jumped up to follow them to the door. Bob and Gerard were out shopping for unhealthy food which we'd be eating tonight as part of what Gerard had called our 'Girls' Night In'.

"Though, of course," Gerard had told me sternly, "this is only for your benefit, as Bob and I are not female. And it is for your own benefit because we don't want you to miss us terribly and then complain that we don't give you enough attention. This will all be for you. And Bob a little - he's the smallest bit out of sync with his feminine side, so this will be recovery time."

I'd laughed and let him know that I knew he was looking forward to it aswell.


Watching Ray, Frank and Mikey double-check they had everything - IDs etcetera - I started to feel nervous, fiddling with my shirt and balancing my weight on one foot and then the other. "Are you sure you don't want to stay for Girls' Night In?" I asked hopefully, knowing it wasn't going to work.

Ray reached over and ruffled my hair. "Sorry Carrie, my brother only gets tiny parts of holidays off work so I have to see him while he's here."

"Oh," I sighed. "Um, do Frank and Mikey have to go with you though?"

Frank snorted. "Mommy Carrie, please stop worrying about us. Your little boys will be fine and we'll get back at a reasonable hour so we get some sleep before having to say goodbye to you, to leave ... forever."

"Just being protective," I defended myself. "I don't want you three to get so drunk you sleep until ten minutes before it's time to board the plane tomorrow, meaning we'll not fir in the proper goodbye I had planned for you."

"Ohhh lalala," Mikey said. "What does this 'proper goodbye' consist of? Lots of candy-wrapped hugs with sobbed 'I miss you's?"

"Well, if you come home tonight/tomorrow morning at a good hour, meaning you get enough sleep so as not to be late, I'll let you know."

Frank grabbed my hand and pulled me towards him, in a hug. He said into my hair, "We'll come back, don't worry."

I breathed out a withheld sigh. "I'm not worrying, I'm just scared - I don't want you to leave me."

"You have other friends; I know you're not as socially-handicapped as you make out to be; I even met one of them. Linda, was it?"

"Cherry. Linda was the transvestite you didn't meet." I sighed, pulling away and patting his head. "I just can't believe I'm letting my boys tour around America only to have middle school girls throw themselves at you, screaming for your attention while wearing thick black make-up and trying to fit into the 'emo scene' which keeps on rejecting them, so-"

Frank clapped a hand over my mouth to make my talking come to a halt. "Carrie, you're turning blue; breathe, honey, breathe."

I took a deep breath before smiling and concluding, "I'm happy for you though, I really am."

Mikey kissed my cheek quickly and I was surprised. I'd never seen him have so much confidence, not around me anyway. "That was sweet, Carrie, it really was but we need to leave. Have fun with Gerard and Bob."

"Bye!" I called as he walked out, just in case I didn't get to see him in the morning.

"I love you Carrie-bear and I'll miss you heaps, don't forget it," Ray said as he embraced me.

I pulled away with my hands on my hips, playfully glaring at him. "It's almost as if you expect to not be here tomorrow morning."

He gave me an extremely sheepish look and I felt my stomach lurch. "I'm staying at my bro's tonight and he's driving me to the airport tomorrow."

I reached up and flicked his nose with my thumb and forefinger lightly. "Okay Raymond, good luck, have fun and use protection."

"See you when we get back from the tour," he said, following Mikey out of the apartment.

Frank stepped forward and kissed my cheek millimeters away from my lips. "Don't worry Carrie, I'll be there tomorrow when you wake up."

I turned my head but he'd already slightly pulled away so we didn't 'accidentally' kissed again. I smiled when he rested his forehead against mine. "I know but then you'll be gone forever-"

"Carrie, you're a dork, it's not even that long."

"Yes it is!" I insisted, placing my hands on my hips though this wasn't effective since Frank had his arms loosely around my waist from a previous hug, his forehead still against mine. "It doesn't take three months to tour around the US and Canada - unless you're going to all fifty or so states -"

"Which we're not."

"Exactly! It shouldn't take so long. Each flight prob-"

"We're doing it all in the van-slash-bus after we land in Maryland which is our first concert stop."

I stopped trying to talk and raised my eyebrows. "Bit old-school that, isn't it?"


He laughed and pulled away. "It's more fun that way."

He paused and looked at me as I scuffed my toe along the floor. I felt like I was going to throw up; this wasn't a good feeling. Imagine what I'd feel like tomorrow when they really did leave. 

"Carrie, you know I-"


I looked up and caught the look on his face. "Let's not make this sappy, Frankie, okay? We're not the type."

He laughed dryly. "Hardly."


Mikey's head appeared in the doorway. "Dipshit, what're you still doing here? Ray and me-"

"Ray and I," I corrected promptly but he ignored me.

"- want to get piss drunk, so let's go."



"Bye," Frank murmured to me a last time before turning and frowning at Mikey as they walked out. "Don't you start calling me 'dipshit' aswell, it's really-"

They turned a corner and I couldn't hear them anymore.


I was absently petting the dog when Gerard and Bob came barging in, Bob belching loudly and Gerard carrying DVDs, hair dye (from what I can see of the boxes , that's what I think they are), popcorn and candy bars. He gave a disgusted look towards Bob who shrugged and did an imitation of Shrek (though severely exaggerated on the accent), "Better out than in, I always say."

"Save it for the toilet or-" Gerard halted, dropping the bags onto the coffee table and smiled at me, promptly forgetting what he'd been telling Bob. "Carrie!!"

"Gerard!"

"Tut-tut, there's no need for sarcasm, young lady. Have Frank, Ray and my baby brother left yet?"

"Around ten minutes ago," I answered. "I miss them already, is that just a little more than the taddest bit sad?"

"Oh Carrie," Bob said sympathetically, coming to sit next to me, "I have no idea what you just said but don't worry about it. The next three months will fly by and then, the next thing you know, we're annoying you again, but, this time, with presents to compensate."

As I nodded, Gerard sighed before declaring, "Enough of this gloomy stuff, let's have some fun!"

I continued hesitantly; God knows what was in Gerard Way's definition of 'fun'.




Later, Bob had fallen asleep during Romeo & Juliet - couldn't really blame him - and Gerard and I were ignoring the opening credits to 10 Things I Hate About You so we could try to successfully throw popcorn into each other's mouths (we weren't having too much luck).

Bob, lying on the couch behind us, now had his entire head of hair shaved off - this was his 'Girls' Night Makeover'. I have bangs now and all of my hair is a deep purple (though you can't really tell unless I'm in the light and then it's only really a tint because of the natural darkness of my hair). Gerard now has a blonde patch at the back of his hair and one half pierced ear - I'd tried to pierce them both but his phobia of needles got in the way half way through the first and he'd whimpered, smacking my hand away, then running for the bathroom mirror for signs of blood.


Gerard decided not long after we'd started that it would be more productive if we just ate the popcorn instead of throwing kernels at each other and I agreed, so we turned back to the TV screen. We found that it was already up to where Heath Ledger's character was singing to Kat, Julia Stiless character (Gerard happily sung along). I laughed and tried not to make fun of him as he belted it out, instead of crooning the song as it was meant to be sung.

At the end of the scene, Gerard abruptly shut up and turned to me, a curious look on his face. I stared back, my eyebrows raised. "What?"

"Say Carrie? If you thought one of your friends liked one of your other friends, would you confront your friend about it?"

"Yes."

"In a straight-forward manner?"

"Yes."

He grinned. "Good ... Say Carrie? Do you want to fuck dipshit?"

I inhaled sharply from shock and then started choking on the food I'd been innocently chewing on. Gerard patted my back until I'd stopped almost dying. Tears in my eyes from how hard I'd been hacking and gagging, I asked him incredulously, "What?"

"Do you want to fuck-" Gerard started to repeat slowly but I interrupted him.

"I heard the first time. Thanks." I grabbed a handful of popcorn and stuffed as much of it as I could in my mouth, to try and avoid the question.

He leaned forward and smirked right in my face. "So... do you?"

I looked away and stuttered, "Y- you're fucking crude, did you know that? Really crude"

"Carrie-bear, stop avoiding the question," he demanded but I simply stared at him. "Fine. Do you think our dipshit's hot?"

"Who doesn't?" I answered automatically and then clapped my hand over my mouth, my eyes bugged out.

"So you do like him," Gerard said, smiling triumphantly. "That's interesting, very interesting."

"Oh, sod off," I snapped, folding my arms and starting to sulk. He wrapped an arm around my shoulders and squeezed.

"It's okay, Carrie, I understand. So, are you going to do anything about your lust for dipshit?"

I glared at him. "It's not lust and how on earth can I tell Frank? It wouldn't last if it managed to begin. He doesn't see me as anything more than a friend."

"A friend? Are you entirely stupidly moronic? -"

"Gerard, you didn't need both of those - 'idiot' would have been sufficient."

"Carrie, stop correcting every one, it's adorable but very irritating. Anyway, why would Frank introduce you to his friends - let you talk to his Mom- go with you to meet your parents- propose to you- put up with your Mom- buy you an eight thousand dollar wedding ring set- look after you when you're sick, if he doesn't have feelings for you?"

"He's just being a good friend, Gerard. You're wrong."

He smiled and kissed the top of my head. "I love how naive you are, Carrie-bear."


xo-

~ My Chemical Romance is done. But it can never die. Because it is not a band- it is an idea. ~

No comments:

Post a Comment