"Thank You For The Venom" (My Chemical Romance FanFic) - Chapter 16



Ok. So, this fanfic is not mine. It's a fic I found a few years ago (like five or four years ago) in Quizilla® -I mean, back when Quizilla was quizilla.com and not .teenick.com-. It was written by user AuroraMist, who took it down, and I don't know why.
She wrote a lot of amazing fan fictions; she's a hell of a writer. But this is definitely my favourite from her, and it is for sure the best My Chemical Romance fan fiction I've ever read. And I've read quite a few. So, I thought I'd share it -again- with the World. Cuz it's awesome, and it deserves to be read.



16


Over the next three hours I went from being bored, to slightly annoyed, to annoyed and jittery, and now to pissed off and nervous. I could easily explain the nervousness - about an hour and a half ago, I'd been taken into radiology for X-Rays, in a wheelchair (despite my protests and demonstrations of how well I could walk). When I was lying on the cold bed, the meal machine resting above my middle, I'd looked over to behind the glass screen and had seen the radiologists looking over a couple of captures they'd already taken. They'd looked over to me, exchanged a look and continued taking more after telling me, over the speaker, to 'lie still and try to refrain from breathing'.

I'd told Frank but he'd just laughed and told me not to worry about it; they'd probably thought I'd gotten whatever injury I had from some sex-related activity.

I remembered the look shared between the two of them and scowled, realizing Frank was probably right. They thought I was a slut, well fuck them... wait a minute...



Anyway, I was annoyed-slash-agitated-slash-pissed firstly because of the waiting time - we'd been here for about six hours and I wasn't even feeling that sore to begin with - and then because of all of the females hitting on Frank. Don't get me wrong, I love the fact that My Chemical Romance has lots of fans but some of them were acting like real tarts. Plus, there is the fact, I might be a little jealous. And, if so, only a little.

When Frank noticed I was glaring at my competition - I mean the women- he'd asked me if I was jealous and I'd simply pretended to be looking over at a man standing a few meters away, leaning against the nurses' station.

He'd followed my gaze and snorted, informing me that 'Carrie, he's old and he has more wrinkles than my great-grandfather's dead ass'.

I squinted and then slumped on the bed - he was right. I could have picked someone under the age of sixty to look over when attempting to return the favour of jealousy to Frank.


I did cheer up though when Frank told me this was the part of his job he hated - Well, okay, at first I was upset because I thought he was referring to 'his job' as being my friend and 'the part of' as sitting in a hospital with me with no entertainment, apart from the doped up guy who'd been next to us and talking to first his hospital gown, then the pot plant and , lastly, his toe nail (he'd been taken to Theatre earlier and when we'd tried to smile at him reassuringly as he was taken past, he'd drowsily sneered and gave us the finger). Then I realized Frank was actually talking about having to deal with people because of his band's fame.

I looked at him in surprise and said, "But I thought you liked your fans!"


He cleared that up by explaining that he did; he loved them; but he didn't like having to be nice to the ones who only liked their band because of how hot Gerard is, etcetera. I'd beamed especially large upon hearing Frank say that he thought most of the women we'd met today and who'd hit on him (and there'd been lots) were nothing more than common whores.

In my head, I was enthusiastically agreeing and, in my stomach, the butterflies were dancing around again, making me red in the face and the palms of my hands sweat every time I so much as glanced at Frank. Yes, I said sweat - one of the less charming bodily functions (though it could have been worse, say if those annoying flying bugs had made me piss myself)


When my nurse (the second one I'd had since arriving because of all the nursing staff's shift turnovers), Marilee, came in with a clipboard in her hands and a reassuring smile on her face, Frank was sitting on the brown plastic chair beside my bed. His head was lolled back and his mouth was open the tiniest, slightest bit, as he slept and snored ever so quietly. I think he was only snoring because of the strong smell of disinfectant being spread around by the air-conditioner causing his subconscious mind to open his mouth as he napped to prevent suffocation.


I stopped observing Frank to look at Marilee. "Hi," I offered, just as he let out a random, loud snort-like snore. I winced.

"Sorry about that; should I wake him?"


"I think so, yes," she said patiently.

"Okay," I said absently before reaching over carefully, so as not to topple off the bed, and jabbing Frank in the eye, earning a gasp from my nurse. I looked over at her and grinned. "Don't worry, it's payback."

But this didn't seem to placate her and she glared at me while Frank stirred. He pulled himself upright in his seat and rubbed his eyes with the backs of his balled up fists. "Ow, fuck you Carrie. Just because I do it to you nearly every other morning doesn't mean you can poke my eye out. I have special privileges in such matters whereas you do not."

I thought for a moment and, not coming up with anything more fitting, rolled my eyes at him. Using all the intelligence and maturity a fully grown man can muster in such times, Frank retaliated by sticking out his tongue. I mimed biting it off and his tongue quickly disappeared back into his mouth. Dammit, I thought without realizing I was doing so, before scolding myself (Bad, bad Carrie! No more mentally hitting on Frank for you.)


Marilee coughed, alerting us to her presence, before smiling her professional smile politely at Frank.

"Hi, I'm Carrie's nurse, Marilee - we haven't met yet."


"What happened to her other nurse?"

"I started my shift while you were asleep. Are you Carrie's brother?"

Frank came to sit next to me and he kissed my temple. "I'm her fiancée actually."

"Well congratulations!" She exclaimed. I gave her a pointed look to which she stopped smiling and got down to business. "Anyway, we got your X-rays around half an hour ago and, when she wasn't busy, Doctor Nut got to have a look at them. Two ribs are broken, both on the left side, which is why you are experiencing pain. Keep on wrapping your mid-section, like we showed you, with fresh bandages every few days, stay rested and you'll be fine." She held out the clipboard and a pen she had gotten from her breast pocket. "Sign here and you can leave, sweetie."

As I took the pen and started to sign, Frank asked suspiciously, "Doesn't Carrie need to see a doctor before she can leave?"

"No," Marilee said quickly, taking the clipboard and pen back, "Doctor Nut is too busy at the moment."


She hurried away and Frank and I walked out of the emergency room exit, to the car.

Once we were in and Frank was driving us back to the apartments, he looked at me and said, while turning back to the road, "Well I'm sure glad I took you to the hospital, where we waited six hours, to get photos of your stomach and for a Doctor Nut to tell your nurse to tell us that you had a few broken bones but all you have to do is wrap your body up in bandages and keep off your feet."


I took his hand off his lap and squeezed it casually in mine. "Thank you Frankie."




Two days later, Frank and I were alone -Mom had gone home and Ray, Gerard, Bob and Mikey had gone to check for a suitable spot for My Chemical Romance's next music clip. I was aware of the tension between the both of us; Frank was extremely sweet to me all of a sudden and I kept on forcing us to always be making conversation, sometimes over the most insane things; and it was all to avoid one question which was hanging over us.

What would happen when they went on tour?


I guess we'd find out soon, for the day after the other band members came back they'd be starting a three month tour around the United States and Canada. This was the reason Mom had gone home early; she was furious mine and Frank's wedding was being post-phoned for nearly four months. I don't get that woman sometimes, I really don't. One minute she hates the guy and the next she wants us to get hitched.

I sat on the couch, well the edge of it, as far away from its other occupant as possible. She, still un-named, looked at me eagerly, wagging her short tail in hopes of a pat.

I glared back. "Don't think you fool me for one second and don't count your winning over my fiancée as some kind of success because it's not - he's really gullible, you have nothing to be proud of."

"I am not!" Frank shouted from the bedroom. He was trying to find his favourite pair of shoes so he could go to the grocery store a block away to find something we could cook for dinner in a couple of hours.

I watched him walk into the room, tucking his wallet into the back pocket of his jeans. His hair was peeking out from beneath his beanie which he'd put on - he looked adorable and I smiled; I loved his hair when it was in its longer style. I'd not let him get it cut really short the last time he'd wanted to. "Are you leaving now?" I asked.

"Not unless you want to do it for me, instead," he suggested, again.

I smirked at him; I'd used the nurse's advice as an excuse not to have to get up off my ass just to get food supplies. "No, sorry dipshit, I'm supposed to be resting."

He muttered something inaudible before kissing the dog and I on top our heads. "I'll see you when I get back."

I waved 'good bye' and then looked back at the dog once he's closed the door behind himself. "What are you looking at?"


She lay down, resting her chin on her paws, her eyes closed so I left her there while I went to the cupboard in the kitchen to retrieve my stash of cookie dough (which only Mikey knew about). Frank would love me if he came home to freshly baked chocolate chip cookies. And he did love me for it. I knew this much when he tried to kiss my cheek - but I moved my head unknowingly at the same time. Our lips connected and my heart sped up considerably as those stupid butterflies returned, but it didn't seem to affect Frank the same way.

He jerked back his head as if my lips had burnt him, before grinning cheekily and grabbing a still cooling cookie, even though I'd just told him to wait.

"Sorry," he said, taking a bite," I meant to get your cheek."


I nodded as he smiled, before turning back to all the bags of food he'd bought and unpacking them. "What would you like for dinner, Carrie?"

I didn't answer, but he didn't seem to notice as he bustled around; I simply sighed and sat down to watch him.


xo-

~ My Chemical Romance is done. But it can never die. Because it is not a band- it is an idea. ~

No comments:

Post a Comment