American Idol 11 - Phillip Phillips

Yeah, this had to be done. I think I'm kinda in love with this little dude, he's so damned talented. I love, love, love his manly voice xD It's awesome, he reminds me a little bit of Chad Kroeger from Nickelback which is a band that I loooove, so... well: here it goes, Phillip Phillips' Idol journey.

Phillip Phillips - Memorable Audition - "Superstition" (Stevie Wonder) & "Thriller" (Michael Jackson)







Yes! This was AWESOME! I mean:
Ryan: "I think you're ready."
Phillip: "I was born naked and ready, they just put clothes on me, so..."
Ryan: "And in this moment I'm glad you did."
His dad's so proud of him I'm jealous, it's a beautiful thing to watch.
His version of "Thriller" was AMAZING.

Hollywood Round, Part 1 - "Papa's Got A Brand New Bag" (James Brown)



Phillip killed it, as always. But let's talk about Reese... I loved this guy, I wanted him to make to top 12, it really sucked he didn't.

Hollywood Round, Part 2 - MIT "Broken Strings" (James Morrison)



I hate cowboy guy and I love Hee Jun. Team Hee Jun everybody! That guy is hilarious, talented and cute (: what else can someone ask for?!

Hollywood Round, Part 3 - "Wicked Game" (Chris Isaak)




I love him... there's nothing else to say. He's amazing...

Las Vegas Round - "I Only Have Eyes for You" (Dick Powell & Ruby Keeler)





Hee Jun is fantastic, I can't believe he didn't make it past top 8! It's ridiculous! Phillip dancing boyband style is hilariously awkward... and I dig it.

Final Judgment - "Nice & Slow" (Usher)





That leg! Geez!!! Looking back at videos like this one I've noticed he doesn't do it as much now as he did then... It's so funny though...

Top 25 (Personal Choice) - "In the Air Tonight" (Phil Collins)





YES! YES! YES! I love, love, love this song, I've heard millions of versions and Phillip's is my favorite so far. He slowed it down and he was enjoying it so bad... man!

Top 13 (Stevie Wonder) - "Superstition" (Stevie Wonder)





There's really not much to say about this. This song is like the Phillip Phillips Anthem.

Top 11 (Year They Were Born) - "Hard to Handle" (Otis Redding)





I don't even know what to say... I'm speechless..

Top 10 (Billy Joel) - "Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)" (Billy Joel)





I think he killed it. Jimmy told him: "lose the guitar"; Tommy Hilfiger told him not to wear grey, and what did Phillip do?! He wore a grey shirt over a grey t-shirt and played his guitar. And he killed it.

Top 9 (Their Personal Idols) - Trio (with Colton Dixon & Elise Testone) "Landslide"/"Edge of Seventeen"/"Don't Stop" (Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks)





I'm still saying Colton stole this performance...

Top 9 (Solo) - "Still Rainin'" - (Jonny Lang)






Top 8 (Songs from the 80's) - "That's All" (Genesis)





I love that his brother-in-law is his best friend and mentor. The kid really loves that guy, you can see it in his eyes. And he didn't have as much fun as he did that night. I loved what they did to this song.

Top 8 (Duet with Elise Testone) - "Stop Draggin' My Heart Around" (Stevie Nicks & Tom Petty)





This was awesome; I never liked Elise voice (it's nothing against her, and I think she's really talented and a good singer, but I just... I don't know. There's something about it I can't seem to get my finger around), but along with Phillip, she sounded awesome. Both of them did.

Top 7 (Songs from the 2010's) - Duet (with Elise Testone) "Somebody That I Used to Know" (Gotye feat. Kimbra)


I've heard a thousand covers of this song, and it's not that old. My favorite is still the Glee version. But I think Elise did great and Phillip could've killed it if she would've alowed him to change it up a little bit. It felt at first as if he was lost in the song; by the chorus he kinda found himself. I love him anyways, he's amazing.

Top 7 (Solo) - "Give a Little More" (Maroon 5)



When Ryan said he was gonna be singing a Maroon 5 song I was like: "Oh, no, no, no! That's not a good idea", but he was perfect. It was weird... it didn't feel like a Maroon 5 song... at all. It was awesome.

Top 7' (Songs from Now & Then) - "U Got It Bad" (Usher)



Man...! I love his version of this song so bad. J-Lo said it, and I say it again: it was SEXY ♥¬♥

Top 7' (Songs from Now & Then) - "In the Midnight Hour" (Wilson Pickett)



This was fun. And good. Really good.

The Top 6 Perform with Queen



I love everything about this performance. Mostly that it's Queen.

Top 6 (Queen) - "Fat Bottomed Girls" (Queen)



YES! AH! DUDE! I love this guy. I love you Phillip Phillips Jr.

Top 6 (Contestant's Choice) - "The Stone" (Dave Matthews Band)



18.The Stone from Emily Blame on Vimeo.

This song is what they called "dark" -> whatever that means. I loved it. As he was singing I was like getting closer to the T.V. without noticing it; I wanted to be there watching him live so bad. He was all dressed in black and had that angsty/moody/insane musician look going on. I just wanna smother him in a hug.


Top 5 (Songs from the 60's) - "The Letter" (The Box Tops)



♥♥♥


Top 5 (Duet with Joshua Ledet ) - "You've Lost That Lovin' Feelin'" (The Righteous Brothers)



This was weird. But I liked it. Joshua was really great (:

Top 5 (Brit Pop) - "Time of the Season" (The Zombies)



AWE-SOME-NESS!!! ♥♥♥ Those high notes...

Top 4 (California Dreamin') - "Have You Ever Seen the Rain?" (Creedence Clearwater Revival)



This song was perfect for him. I've grew up listening to this song, I guess he did too, 'cause we're the same age, so... Our dads must've liked listening to the same kinda music. Anyways: I love this song, is one of my favorites from CCR and he did it perfectly.

Top 4 (Duet with Joshua Ledet) - "This Love" (Maroon 5)



This was so sexy. Phillip singing "I tried my best to feed her appetite/keep her coming every night/so hard to keep her satisfied" was sexy. He was so into that song! Passion, man... Joshua laughing at Phillip's awkwardness was priceless.

Top 4 - "Waiting for a Girl Like You" (Foreigner)


Hollie! I love that tiny girl. I know Jessica is amazingly talented and she can sing like no other, but I just can't stand her. There's something about her that I kinda hate. Maybe is the fact that she's only sixteen... but I don't know.

Top 4 (Songs They Wish They'd Written) - "Volcano" (Damien Rice)



I've never heard this song before Phillip sang it. And now I can't stop listening to it (Phillip's version, of course -> I love it way better)... the lyrics. Everything is so awesome about this song.

Top 3 (Judges' Choice) - "Beggin'" (The Four Seasons)




This was sexy too. "Put your love and hand out baby... I'm beggin'" -> that first "beggiiiiiiiiiiiin'" killed me. I.Love.This.Guy.

Top 3 (Contestant's Choice) - "Disease" (Matchbox Twenty)




The judges didn't like this song. I loved it. I thought it was so Phillip Phillips, it was perfect for him. There's nothing else to it.

Top 3 (Jimmy Iovine's Choice) - "We've Got Tonight" (Bob Seger)



This was weird for me; really like: "is that Phillip Phillips singing? Is he the same guy from the last two songs?!". But I loved it. He improved a lot since American Idol started, he can actually sing anything now.

Finale (Simon Fuller's Choice) - "Stand by Me" (Ben E. King)


He messed this song a lot. But I liked it, he's awesome.

Finale (Favorite Performance) - "Movin' Out (Anthony's Song)" (Billy Joel)


I liked better his Top 10 performance. But this was really great too (:

Finale (Winner's Single) - "Home" (Greg Holden)


This is not the best song for him to release as a first single. But whatever, I mean: he is Phillip Phillips after all. The marching band was awesome! The best part is that he sang and played guitar as if he was alone on that stage ^^

Finale (Phillip & John Fogerty) - "Have You Ever Seen The Rain?" (Creedence Clearwater Revival)


Finale (Phillip & John Fogerty) - "Bad Moon Rising" (Creedence Clearwater Revival)


Both this songs were so cool. I mean: he got to play two song with THE John Fogerty. He's a freaking lucky guy...

Jessica & Phillip - "Up Where We Belong" (Joe Cocker & Jennifer Warnes)



First of: he was wearing a vest and a suit jacket; I died a little bit there. Aside from that: this song is so sweet. It made me wonder why Phillip and Jessica didn't make a duet before, it would've sound this good. Awesome, right?

Idol Coronation


I love that Hee Jun kissed him on the forehead. It was so sweet. I loved that they all hugged each other, the whole top 12, hugging Phillip to congratulate him and Jessica too. They're like a big family.
OMG! When he started crying I was screaming to the T.V.: "Somebody go hug that boy!!!". He was like: "I want my momma and poppa NOW!"
(Girlfriend was there too... accidents happen.)
I'm so glad he won. He deserved it so bad. I'm excited to hear what he's got to sing to the world (:

xo-

*End Of Transmission*

No comments:

Post a Comment