Notes From a Non Believer #10

Holidays. The fakest, most ridiculously false excuse to "bond" with your "loved ones". C'mon. You and I know that people use the "it's the holidays" excuse to feel good about the fact that they treat everyone like crap the rest of the year. there's not such things as "holiday forgiveness", people! Reality check: if you don't pick up the phone when I call to you half dying, then don't expect me to be happy about you taking up my personal space and eating my food. It's Just. Not. Going. To. Fucking. Happen.
Really, why does everyone suddenly love whatever the fuck you're interested in? Your aunts and uncles try so hard to keep interest in how school is going for you, yet they think you're still in elementary school when you're like twenty-two. And your cousins act like they think you're so cool, when you know deeo down they feel like you're the biggest shit in town.
And what's up with the relatives who don't even know what your name is, but they hug you and greet you like you've been their most missed person in the world? Do you actually believe I'm gonna fall for that? I can see right through your bullshit. And I'm not comfortable with it. It's sad for you, and it makes me want to stab you in the face with a dessert spoon. So, for all of you (maybe) reading out there...
This is the tenth statement of a -very special- non believer: families suck. They're filled with hypocrites and people who want to leech life (and quite possibly money) outta you. And holidays are not good enough reason to ask for forgiveness  if you're gonna act like an asshole the rest of the year.

P.S.: It's been a year again...

*End Of Transmission*

If you're listening to this... you're the Resistance.-

No comments:

Post a Comment