"Thank You For The Venom" (My Chemical Romance FanFic) - Chapter 9


Ok. So, this fanfic is not mine. It's a fic I found a few years ago (like five or four years ago) in Quizilla® -I mean, back when Quizilla was quizilla.com and not .teenick.com-. It was written by user AuroraMist, who took it down, and I don't know why.
She wrote a lot of amazing fan fictions; she's a hell of a writer. But this is definitely my favourite from her, and it is for sure the best My Chemical Romance fan fiction I've ever read. And I've read quite a few. So, I thought I'd share it -again- with the World. Cuz it's awesome, and it deserves to be read.



9

"Since you got engaged last time you went there, try not to do anything stupid this time," Gerard advised.

"We're already going to get married - what else can we do?" I asked, having hugged Bob, Ray and Mikey good bye, and now hugging Gerard.

"Well since we all know Frank thinks he's so sexy, he could have an affair with your -"

"I don't think Carrie's dad is hot!" Frank exclaimed, stepping out of our building and onto the sidewalk where everyone else was.

"You think Carrie's dad is hot?" Bob asked, looking disgusted and scratching the back of his head.

"Ewwwww!" Mikey teased.

Gerard laughed. "Good going dipshit - I wasn't actually going to tell them."

Frank blushed. "Shut up. Carrie, get in the car."

I laughed and did as I was told, scrambling into the passenger side, reluctantly doing so because I wasn't so sure about letting Frank drive us to my parents' since he'd only been there once. Frank put his bag in the boot and started to walk to the driver's side.

"Hey!" Ray stopped him. "Aren't you going to say good bye to us?"

"Yeah," Gerard agreed. "You were just going to leave without saying bye to your best man!"

"You're not the best man!" Mikey argued.

"Yes I am, little brother."

"No you're not! You'd just fuck it up!"

Gerard placed a hand on his chest, over his heart. "I am hurt Mikey Way. What ever gave you that idea?"

"Remember when we were little and you were the priest at mine and Michelle's pretend wedding?"

"Who's Michelle?" I asked, hanging my head out of the car window.

"A girl from down our street- she moved away in high school," Mikey answered before turning to his big brother. "Do you remember that?"

"Yes. And I was a very good priest."

"You turned the ceremony into a Star Wars fight!" Mikey accused.

"You loved it," Gerard dismissed. "Anyway, I'm going to be dipshit's best man, not the priest. This will be completely different."

"You're not qualified for the job!" Mikey huffed, pushing up his glasses and folding his arms over his chest.

"I haven't even decided yet," Frank said, chuckling and getting into the car.

"Oh come on," Ray said, "we all know I look the best in a suit."

"You do not," Gerard said indignantly. "But that's not the point. The point is that-"

"I hate to break this apart," I said, "but we have to go."

"Hey! You didn't even say 'good bye' Frankie!" Bob whined.

"Bye!" Frank called, grinning, as he reversed.



We made it safely to my parents' two hours late, due to Frank's bad navigation, to find out, via my parents' maid, Sue, that they had already retired to bed. Both glad about that, we stayed up until two in the morning, anxiously talking about how we would break the news of my answer to Mom and Daddy.

"What're we doing today?" I asked at breakfast the next day.

"Well since you're leaving tonight, after dinner -" Mom started, sniffing.

"-Which I think is a stupid idea, driving at night-" Daddy said his part, looking over the Sports page of the newspaper at us all.

"-Yes, which is a stupid idea, I agree - we are going to do something together," Mom finished.

"Which would be?" I asked, buttering my toast and watching Frank sleepily try to eat his cereal.

"Shopping," Daddy grumbled, giving Mom a Look.

"Oh okay," I said, still watching my supposed fiancée. Finally having to say something, I asked, "Frank, do you realize you just put orange juice in your Coco Puffs, not milk?"

He blinked down at his cereal. "Oh."

"Here," I said, pushing him over a plate of toast, all ready with jam.

"Thanks. Sorry," he apologized, rubbing his eyes with his fists and fighting back a yawn, "didn't get to sleep until early this morning."

Mom smiled icily. "Something bothering you, dear?" She asked, obviously thinking he was agonizing over whether I'd say 'yes' or 'no' to his proposal. Too late for that, Mom.

Meeting my eyes, he answered, "Yeah, kinda."

"Well, I think I'm going to go up and get dressed for today. John, come up with me."

Daddy looked up, annoyed. "What? What are you talking about, woman? I haven't even finished my bloody breakfast!"

"Just come up with me," She snapped and, noticing Frank and I watching, smiled and added, "love."

Growling in agitation, Daddy got to his feet and followed his wife upstairs. I watched them, shaking my head; it was miraculous they'd stayed together for so long.

"I'm gonna go have a shower and get ready too," I told Frank.

He looked at me, surprised. "But you haven't eaten anything!"

I laughed. "I somehow lost my appetite."

"Oh okay." As I was walking up the stairs he called out, "Hey Carrie! Do you sing in the shower too?"

"Oh shut up," I snapped, but smiling. I swear he's never going to let my rendition of 'To The Moon And Back' go.

When I came out of the shower, got dressed and walked out into our bedroom, I thought for sure Frank wouldn't have heard my murmuring. But he must have been at the door listening or something, for the first thing he said when I stepped into the same room as him was, "Cyndi Lauper never sounded so good."
Grimacing, I tore the wet towel off my head and threw it at him. As it was on his face, I jumped on the bed with him, held his arms down and threatened, "I'll suffocate you if you so much as think about telling anyone else about this."

"But Girls Just Wanna Have Fun!" Came his muffled reply somewhere between me, the mattress and the towel.

Letting the towel go, I started tickling his sides and growled, "I mean it Frankie."

As he was squirming, giggling like a little girl, our bedroom door opened and I heard my Mom's voice say, "Oh! Was I interrupting something?!"


I released Frank and jumped off the bed, standing next to it instead, with a bright red face as if I was a teenager who had just been caught fooling around with a boy from the wrong side of town by my parents. 

"Mom..." I said, not knowing what else to say, so sticking to the obvious.


"Hm, well," she said ,disapprovingly looking at Frank, who was still lying on his back with my towel across his chest, looking at Mom with equal distaste she obviously felt for him, and smirking. She then looked out into the hall and called, "They're in their room, John!"

While Mom wasn't looking at us, I gave Frank a pointed glare, so he got to his feet. I raised myself to his level and tried to straighten, at least somewhat, his tousled hair. He looked down at me with a raised eyebrow so I took the hint and looked down at myself also. Blushing an even deeper red, if possible, I adjusted my top so it covered my exposed stomach, and took a step away from Frank, putting some distance between us.

Looking up, I saw Mom watching us, with Dad next to her in the doorway, so I said awkwardly, "This isn't what it looks like."

Frank's arms wrapped themselves around me and pulled my back against his chest. Resting his chin on my shoulder, he asked my parents, with mock-innocence and a smirk, "Why? What did it look like we were doing?"

"Anyway!" I said brightly, to drown out Frank, as I elbowed him in what I think was his stomach. "Are we all ready to go?"

Mom shot Frank one last filthy look before nodding at me. "Your father and I will meet you two in the car."

I smiled as they turned and left the room, closing the door softly behind them, before turning on Frank, "You wanker! The plan was to make them like you, not the opposite!"

"I'm not a miracle- worker, Carrie."

"Well you could at least try."

"I am trying! Your Mom just hates me!"

I looked over at him and felt my expression soften when I saw he was being serious. "She does not hate you."

"Yes she does. What are we shopping for anyway? Maybe I can get out of it."

"Uh, I think it's time for Mom to update her wardrobe, or something," I answered, rolling my eyes.

"I have to go clothes shopping?!"


"Oh, Daddy will probably take you to a pub or something to place a couple of bets."

I saw the look on his face, so I added,

"I know it's not your idea of a good time but -"


"No, it's okay; I'll try to have fun. As long as you and your mom don't take too long."

"It'll probably only take an hour or a bit more," I said.


An hour ended up turning into three, because not only did she want clothes for herself, she wanted us to look 
for stuff for me. 

Since we have completely different tastes in clothes, we weren't agreeing on anything for me. After the first two hours, Daddy and Frank found us in some fancy boutique.



"What the bloody hell is taking you two so long?" Daddy demanded loudly as they casually strolled into the shop.

Nearly everyone present turned to stare at my father and a nonplussed Frank. Mom almost died of embarrassment.


"John," Mom said admonishingly, "would you be quiet? We are shopping for Carrie."


"Well you're taking your sweet time," he grumbled. 

I walked out of the dressing room in a hideous leopard print dress which Mom had picked out, to show her how disgusting it looked, and Daddy saw me.

"There!- that looks fine. Take it off Carrie-bear, let your mother pay for it and let's go."


"No!" I protested, grabbing a fistful of the ugly material. "I'm not getting this!"

"Good!" Frank sighed after I had declared I didn't want the dress.

Mom shot him a look which shut him up straight away. "Would you two ...men, sit down and remain quiet until Carrie and I have agreed on at least one outfit?"

Obediently, Frank and Daddy took seats as I went back into the small room to change into clothes that I could at least wear in public. When I came out we started looking through racks of clothing.

"Oh, Carrie, isn't this adorable?"

I looked up and made a face at the jacket she was holding up on its hanger. "Is that real leather?"

"Of course."

"No thanks."

I didn't hear anything from her again until a couple minutes later when she thrust an ugly green jumpsuit under my nose. "Pamela's daughter, Kristy, has one exactly like it."

"Mom, are you color-blind? I can't wear that, it looks like mold!"

"It does, doesn't it?" She asked, looking it over again, seemingly in new light this time.

I nodded and turned back to the racks. I was admiring a white cashmere jumper when Mom asked me in a whisper, "I know we've already talked about this, but are you sure about Frank?"

"Mom..."

"I know, I know, I'm prying ... It's just he's so not what I had imagined for you."

"You hate him - don't you?" I asked, feeling my heart drop.

"Hate is such a strong word Carrie."

"What is it you don't like about him, Mom? Is it the fact he's dating me? Because I know you never liked Danny until after we had stopped seeing each other."

"I always liked Danny."

"No Mom, you didn't. Well you're going to have to learn to like Frank because I said 'yes'."

I looked at her with my own mouth wide open, That wasn't the way I'd meant to let her find out.

....

Shit, she's not saying anything, but if looks could kill I'd be fucking six feet under. I wish she'd say something - anything!

....


I'm starting to get worried now. Not the panicky worried I had experienced when I found the rat, but more of a 'Oh-shit-does-this-mean-I'll-have-to-call-off-the-wedding-for-a-funeral-instead?' worried. And the real question I should be asking myself is, will the funeral be Mom's or mine? She looks like she's going to faint and escape into a coma for - well - ever. 

But if she wakes up, I know who will be first on her hit list.


....

Bloody hell, Mom, talk!

"WHAT?!"


xo-

~ My Chemical Romance is done. But it can never die. Because it is not a band- it is an idea. ~

No comments:

Post a Comment