"Thank You For The Venom" (My Chemical Romance FanFic) - Chapter 1

Ok. So, this fanfic is not mine. It's a fic I found a few years ago (like five or four years ago) in Quizilla® -I mean, back when Quizilla was quizilla.com and not .teenick.com-. It was written by user AuroraMist, who took it down, and I don't know why.
She wrote a lot of amazing fan fictions; she's a hell of a writer. But this is definitely my favourite from her, and it is for sure the best My Chemical Romance fan fiction I've ever read. And I've read quite a few. So, I thought I'd share it -again- with the World. Cuz it's awesome, and it deserves to be read.

1

"Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Mom, for the last time, I'm fine."

"I'm serious! Any hassles, tell me and we'll get you moved straight away."

"I'm not moving schools every time something happens," I protested.

"You can you know."

"But I don't want to."

"You might change your mind, Carrie."

"Mom, I don't think so. I think for once I'd like to settle down for a while and make some real friends."

"Look where your last friends got you."

"Mom, I'm going to be late."

"Just make sure you look after yourself. This school doesn't exactly have the best reputation."

"I'll be fine, me swears it."

She nibbled on her bottom lip and, watching, I rolled my eyes. Finally she said, "Okay, go before I change my mind."

Finally! I thought, opening the car door and getting out. Without turning to look back, I walked into my new school. In one hand I tightly held onto a balled up piece of paper which could also be referred to as my timetable and locker combination. At first I was apprehensive, but when I walked down a few hallways and no one in the sea of students really paid me any attention, I walked to my locker with more confidence. I gathered everything I'd need for the morning. First class, Chemistry, great ...




A week later I was sitting in the library, my chin on my hand and my eyes trying to concentrate on the text in front of me. I'd only been at my new school for a short while but I'd already accumulated a heavy workload, and I knew I had to keep my grade averages high since the only thing keeping me here was my sports scholarship. The sport I was involved in was basketball and the school coach was a real bitch, working the whole team four nights a week 5 -8 p.m. I told Mom and she suggested complaining to the school but the whole school's spirit revolved around basketball and this year they were hoping to get the girls' team all the way to the State Finals.

Great time to join the team, Carrie, real great …



And I definitely couldn't confide in my father because he had elected himself as my 'personal coach' when I was five years old. Aswell as my training during the week with the team and the bitch, I mean coach, I had the hours of grueling workout with my Dad on the weekend to 'look forward to'.
So I was pretty much in this by myself. Good luck, Carrie.



Since sport was pretty much the main thing in my life, especially recently since we moved, but I still had to be an A student or be kicked out, I found myself spending most of my spare time in the school library. It didn't really matter since I didn't really have a social life. There were a few people I talked to in Art and Math ... but friends? No, I'd not made any friends yet.

Did I expect to make any friends when my nose was usually buried in a book or since I was out of most teenagers' sight in the library? No. Oh well, I'd taught myself not to care anymore. I'd fit in somewhere eventually and that was fine with me.



At the moment I had a large essay due in a couple of days and since I'd moved to a new school so late in the term yes it was important for me to try. So I found myself researching the Cold War. I was tempted to just write 'nothing happened. The 'war' then finished' over and over until I had the required amount of words’. But there was too much information on the lead up, conflicting nations and Space Race for that to be sufficient enough.

Keep reading, Carrie, don't fall asleep...


"Ow! What the fuck was that for?!" A voice said too loudly to be considered whispering.

Glad for a distraction, I looked up from the open book in front of me. Two boys at a table near the shelves were having a -loud - conversation.

"Be quiet. Or she'll kick us out again." I guess he was talking about the librarian. Pretending to be reading, I listened on, mildly curious - dammit, I was bored!

"Don’t you fucking change the subject, why the fuck did you hit me for?"

"'Cause you put ashes all over my book"

"So? What's the big deal?"

"I don't want to pay for it, man. Just fucking watch it, Gerard."

"Yeah, yeah. Just remember I didn't have to come with you. I don't fucking have to write an essay on the Cold War and shit."

"Lucky you. Hey, what the fuck are you smoking in a library for, anyways?"

I sniffed the air in what I hoped was a discreet way. Oh.

"What are you - my fucking mother? Do your work."

"I thought you said you were going to help me!"

"Frank look at me."

"No fucking thanks."

"Don't be a dick. The point is that I can't even help myself and you want me to fucking help you?"

"Fine, fine," the boy I assumed to be Frank grumbled. "I'll do it myself."

"Why the fuck are you even fucking bothering with homework anyway? It never mattered before."

"The school called the 'rents."

"So are you gonna do any work?"

"Are you gonna help me at all?"

"I guess I could."

"Good. Look for Cold War in the shelves."

"Is that gonna work?"

"How am I supposed to fucking know Gerard? Like I ever used a fucking library before."

"Whatever. What will you be doing?"

"Copying down something I was supposed to have in class. Do you have something to write with?"

Gerard shook his head and I watched as his shoulder length hair flew everywhere. "Nope. I'll go and come back with books, right?"

"Thanks."


Gerard bopped his head and walked off. When he was gone, Frank started walking around, lifting various things up and I guessed he was looking for a pencil or a pen. He came up empty-handed though.
Okay, concentrate on your own work, Carrie, its due in soon...



"Hey."

I looked up and saw Frank standing in front of my table, looking down at me unblinkingly. "Um… Hi?"


"Do you have a pencil?"


Silently I handed him one of my pencils and waited for him to leave, back to his own table with all his own stuff on it. But he didn't leave. He sighed and sat down at my table, taking the seat across from me.

"So are you new?"


"Why do you think I'm new?"

"Well I've never seen you around before and you let me borrow something of yours."

"Yeah, I'm new."

"What year are you in?"

"What year are you?"

"Senior"

"Yeah, me too; Are you doing your History homework?" I asked, realizing he wouldn't really be leaving me alone any time soon.

"Yeah. Mrs. Green's class. You?"

"Me too."

"You're in my class?" Frank asked.

"Yeah, I think so."


"I never noticed you."

"Thanks."


"It's not a bad thing. I know I'd like to be invisible sometimes. Do you ever feel that way?"


What was with this guy? Did he just randomly talk to anyone?

"Sometimes. Why do you feel that way?"


"School and home and shit, I guess. So you're here by yourself?"

I nodded, looking around at the empty seats around me. "I'm new, remember?"

"I'm here with a friend. But he's pissed off somewhere."

"Oh yeah, your friend. If I walked past he'd be the one smoking the cigarette in the book shelves, right?"

He looked sheepish. "You heard us, huh?"

"Yeah," I said slowly, "You're kinda loud."

"Oh yeah. Oops. So why did you move to Jersey?"

"My Dad's in the Navy. We move a lot."

"Does that suck?"

"I've grown accustomed to it."

"Did you leave behind some really good friends?"


Kind of…

"No, not really"


"Did you have any?"

"Yes, but like I've said, I'm used to moving around."

"What do you and your friends do?"

"Listen to music, see movies, play basketball, annoy each other - you know, the regular shit."

"Me and my friends started a band," he announced proudly.

"Really?"

"Yeah, you should come and watch us play sometime."

"I'm kind of busy actually."

"With what?"

"I'm swamped with training and heaps of school work. I have to get it all done."

"Do you always do your school work?" He asked. I could detect teasing in his voice.

"Do you always ask so many questions?"

"Do you?"

"No."

"Me neither."

"Hey, listen, do you think that maybe you could help me with some homework some time?"

I was just going to answer that I couldn't now but maybe some other time, when Gerard appeared at the table.

"Frank, I couldn't find shit on that fucking war thing ... Oh hi. Dipshit, who's this?"

"I don’t know," Frank said after a while of squinting at me. I'd never given him my name.

"I'm Carrie."

"I'm Gerard and that dipshit is Frankie."

"Hey."

"Hey. Yeah, so Frank, we have to get going now."

"What?!" Frank demanded. "But I haven't fucking gotten anything done!"

"Tough. We have band practice and Ray's gonna be there this time so everyone has to show."

"Fine. Carrie, some other time?"

I raised an eye brow. "Huh?"

"Helping me with school work. Some other time?"

"Yeah sure." Why not?

"See ya Carrie," Gerard said and started walking away. "Let's go dipshit."


xo-

~ My Chemical Romance is done. But it can never die. Because it is not a band- it is an idea. ~

No comments:

Post a Comment